Overview of CDMN Impact in Fiscal Year 2018
About CDMN The Canadian Digital Media Network (CDMN), is a network of regional innovation hubs across Canada, all focused on supporting Canada's digital entrepreneurs. Designated a federal Centre of Excellence in Commercialization and Research (CECR). CDMN is dedicated to establishing Canada as a world leader in the digital economy.
Number of Hubs: 26
Total Hub employees: 607
Clients with desk space: 877
CDMN Hubs provide a variety of assistance to companies, customized to different stages of growth and local ecosystems.
Clients served: 6,469 (+893 from FY17)
Startup (0–19 employees): 5,727
SME (20–499): 561
Enterprise (500+ employees): 181
Mentors accessible to clients: 382
Total mentor hours: 85,466
73% of hubs launched new programs or services
Client facing: Soft Landing
- Soft Landing helps scaling companies access business opportunities outside of Canada Up to $4,000 in reimbursable expenses to offset transportation and accomodation costs.
- 180 landings, bringing the total number of landings to 670 in 58 countries.
Hub facing: Ecosystem Tour
- We bring participating Hubs to innovation ecosystems around the globe to learn first-hand how world leaders deliver value to their client companies.
- 14 hubs participated in 2 ecosystem tours (NY & SF)
Jobs created by client companies
Investment attracted by client companies
Total VC investment: $1.4 Billion
Total angel investment: $127.9 Million
Total foreign investment: $56.4 Million
Total clients acquired: 20
Total reported value of acquisitions: $602 Million
Top 3 client pain points:
- Financing, funding and capital
- Talent acquisition and retention
- International sales and market expansion
Data Source: CDMN 2018 Hub survey
Canadian Digital Media Network
Government of Canada
For more on key trends impacting Canada's digital media economy, visit cdmn.ca/trends