Startup Virtual Passport: Connecting Canadian startups with communities around the world
The Virtual Passport series provides Canadian startups an inside look at a variety of innovation and tech communities around the world. With 6 highly interactive virtual events planned for the coming year, startups will gain insight and connections to the tech ecosystem in each location through a panel of local innovation and tech experts.
This program is offered in partnership with one of our member hubs, Platform Calgary.
Participating startups will:
- Discussions with 6 location specific panelists – 2 entrepreneurs, 2 investors, and 2 community partners.
- Get introduced to incubators, accelerators and investors in other cities. You will get a virtual taste of what the community is like in other cities… everything from where to get help, to the best place for a beer or coffee.
- Gain a greater understanding of what the investment scene is like in other cities. What’s hot, what’s not, and what to think about if you find yourself pitching in another city.
- Make meaningful connections. You can broaden your network through connections made during and after the program, opening the door to think and act bigger than just within our borders!
There are limited spaces for each of these events. Interested companies should save their spot by filling out a short application here. Companies will be contacted by email up to a week before each event to confirm their participation.
Do you qualify?
- Your company must be headquartered in Canada
- Your company must be a technology-driven, established startup and you are a committed full time entrepreneur
- You can articulate specific interest and goals for the given market location
NEXT STOP: Guangdong, Hong Kong & Macau Greater Bay Area, China
September 16, 2021 | 7:15pm ET
This session will feature a 30 minute intro to the Gaungdong, Hong Kong & Macau Greater Bay Area, China market. Following the market intro our panelists will be answering companies questions in 2, 30 minute breakout sesisons.
This session with feature 6 location specific panelists:
- 2 community partners
- 2 entrepreneurs
- 2 investors
- Joseph Fung - Principal Director, Fairchild Capital Management + Managing Partner, Saltagen Ventures
- Benton Leong - GP, Archangel Funds; Investor, Golden Triangle Angel Network (GTAN)
- Duncan Turner - GP, SOSV, Managing Partner, HAX
- Mary Shu - Grove Technology Hydrogen Fuel Cell-VP
- Cameron Turnbull - GM, CanCham PRD, Brand Director, Nanoleaf
More stops in 2021
|Santiago, Chile||November 4, 2021|
*Locations to be confirmed and schedule subject to change.
Thank you to our partner